Hi Whitehwk -- we are excited to have Army of Two Wiki as part of the Wikia community!
Starting a new wiki can be overwhelming, but don't worry, the Wikia Community Team is here to help! We have put together a few guides to getting started. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so absolutely check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, ways to organize your content, etc. We are all one big family at Wikia and the most important thing is to have fun!
- Our guide to Getting Started gives you 5 things you can do right now to set your wiki up for success
- We also put together some Advice On Starting a Wiki which provides a more a in-depth look at some of the important things you should consider when building a wiki
- If you are new to wikis in general than we recommend checking our new user FAQ
If you need help (which trust me we ALL do) you can access our full in-depth help at Help Wikia, or email us through our contact form. Also, you can visit our live #wikia chat channel any time. A lot of the veteran "Wikians" hang out here so its a good place if come if you want to get some advice or simply make friends.
Now, go edit! We look forward to seeing this project thrive!
Best wishes, Angela Beesley
Your wiki has been createdz! I'll help out getting everything started... summarizing EA's pages, giving you templates, and overall making the wiki look purdy until you come around. BTW, to answer your question on the IRC, a Wikia staffer will "promote" you to being an administrator--in this case, Angela did it. See you around! =D --NOTASTAFF GPT(talk)(eating) 19:46, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
I'm PanSola, a helper on Wikia Gaming stuff. I want to cheer you on for having started a new gaming-related wiki, and see if there is anything I can help a fellow Wikian with. I have been an admin on the GuildWiki for quite a while, and have hung around a number of different wikis. So if you need help with any thing, don't hesitate to ask!
Some stuff of note (some are repeats of what Catherine's link above says, but I want to emphasis some different points):
- Main Page design - It may be a good idea to make some of your main important content directly available and linked to from the Main Page. You can check out and borrow/modify a number of different layout designs from w:c:gamingstarter and various big wikis listed on the Gaming hub.
- Logo - For the quartz skins (default skin that most people sees) you can upload a 266 x 75 pixels image to Image:Wiki_wide.png. This will fill in the blank area at the top, to the left of the four links, with your image.
- There is a Wikia gaming IRC channel, #wikia-gaming, where you can hop on, ask for help from users of other gaming wikis, or offer your own experiences. You can access it from http://irc.wikia.com/gaming . Different people may be on sporadically, but I'm organizing weekly chats at a fixed time so we can get the most number of people online at the same time to ask/answer questions, or just to hang out. The admins of some of Wikia's biggest gaming wikis (WoW, Halo) often attend them. You can find the time for the next chat by following this link.
If you happen to be technologically-adventurous, I can also help you with handy tools that can enrich the formatting and organization of the wiki such as templates, parser functions, and various MediaWiki extensions.
I'm here <_< the only question is what do i do? but don't worry i'll find something. FistofthEmperor
main page description Edit
what should we put for the main page description because we can't put the same thing that we put for the Army of two article (wikipedia description) please get back to me soon FistofthEmperor
that sounds good they may have questions on why theres so little articles, then we can call them a noob because the game hasen't game out yet. lol FistofthEmperor
just wandering what should I put as the wikia description? go ahead and put the wikipedia description or what? FistofthEmperor
- Hi, I've made you an admin on airsoft.wikia... let's see how it goes! -- sannse (talk) 23:29, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
I'm Back! Edit
Hey, now this wiki's got much more active, it needs more admins, so I'm going to be active on it again, if that's OK with you. Anything you're unsure about, don't be afraid to ask. Simon rjh 18:17, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
Can you transfer my edits? Edit
Hi, I had two accounts that I can't access anymore. Could you give me the edits for those if possible? I'm also looking for things to update but am stuck, tell me some thing that need work so I can build that edit count.User:Overkill2000
These are the accounts,rios and Fast90 , I couldn't remember the passwords on them. Ban them, I don't want account hackers no autoblock though so I may edit.Overkill2000
Just Cause Wiki Edit
Whitehwk, you started a just cause wiki a while ago, and left it (it seems). Can you transfer the admin privelidges to me or make me an admin? As i hope to get it going properly.
--Xpopox 12:08, 28 December 2008 (UTC)